‘Air in a box’. That was Nike‘s simple ad campaign slogan when they launched the Air Force 1 in 1982. The air force 1 featuring air technology was new to the world of basketball. Thanks to its versatile canvas, offering a slew of colorways, collaborations, and customizations, AF1 is becoming the must-have sneaker for fashion enthusiasts,
Today, there are over 2,000 versions of the Air Force 1 and it is still going strong. Especially, the classic Air Force 1 low in that crisp, all-white leather colorway, has expanded the space and freedom for customized and second creation. Also, the variable width of AF1 lacing system worked to add a unique flair to your style or simply make your sneakers look sleeker.
Below are 4 Cool Ways How to Lace Nike Air Force 1.
No matter which style you want to lace, first you need to make sure both ends of the lace are even. Put the lace through the buckle ‘AF1’, then take each lace tip go through the first set of eyelets from the top, and pull the lace tight. Make sure the tips of the laces are even right here at the top.
Style No.1: Factory Lace
- Start with the outside of the foot toward the inside of the foot. Go underneath and make sure all outside laces go over the top. Turn the lace and make sure the laces are flat and clean.
2. Follow the pattern until you get to the 5th eyelets, run the shoelaces through the tongue.
3. Take a factory knot（Deadstock Knot）, then here we go!
Style 2: Loosely with laces untied look
Fellow the same step of Style No.1 lace to the top. Once you lace to the top leave around 1~2 inches handing down from each side. You can see we have lots of extra room right here. Next, what you need to do is pull the laces and make them even as you go through to the bottom.
Here is what the style looks like.
Style 3: Diamond Lace
- This style is a lot different. Put the lace tip go through the first set of eyelets from the top from inside to outside as below picture. Make sure the tips of the laces are even right here at the top.
2. Take each right shoelace through the 3rd eyelets in the left from outside to inside. The goes down to the left 2th eyelet from inside to outside. and then do the same thing on the left shoelace. Your AF1 will look like below now.
3. Follow this pattern and lace to the top. Slip in inside your sneaker. This exquisite pattern makes your AF1 total change.
Style 4: Bar Lace
- 5Start with running the shoelace straight across from the outside on the bottom eyelets.
2. Take the right lace and thread it through the underside of the second right hole. Then bring it in through the eyelet on the opposite side hole. With your left lace, thread it into the underside of the third left hole. Then bring it in through the eyelet on the opposite side hole.
3. Follow the same pattern until lace to the 7th eyelets.
4. Then tie a factory knot and slip the extra laces behind the tongue. You have a nice and clean look like this.
There is no right way or wrong way, just the way you like to lace your AF1.